The following facts about Ida's life are known:
- Birth: She was born July 2, 1874 in Owen County, Indiana, the daughter of James Austin and Mary Ellen (SWAFFORD) DAVIS.
- Marriage: She married Samuel G. HANCOCK on August 28, 1892 in Monroe County, Indiana.
- Census: 1900 - believe she is the Ida D. HANCOCK, inmate, at the "Door of Hope", Center Township, Marion County, Indiana.
- Marriage: She married Carvie A. MORRIS on July 19, 1900 in Monroe County, Indiana.
- Death: She died August 2, 1900 in Clay Township, Owen County, Indiana. Cause of death was tuberculosis.
- Burial: She was buried August 2, 1900 in the M.E. Cemetery, Owen County, Indiana.
The following facts need additional research and/or documentation to complete my research:
- Census: 1880 - I have been unable to locate her in the 1880 census. Her father, Austin, was enumerated in Clay Township, Owen County, Indiana - as insane. Her mother, Mary, was enumerated in her father's household in Washington Township, Owen County, Indiana as a single woman.
- Marriage: A copy of her marriage record transcript may provide additional clues. Would also like to clear up information on Carrie/Carvie MORRIS, as I have been unable to locate records of him after the marriage.
- Obituary: Have been unsuccessful in locating a copy of her obituary in any of the local newspapers of the time.
Ahnentafel # 60 : James Austin DAVIS (c1850-1909); Monroe Co., IN>Cass Co., IN
Ahnentafel # 120 : Austin DAVIS (c1824-1851); Monroe Co., IN
Ahnentafel # 240: John DAVIS (unk-1845); Virginia>Monroe Co., IN
Related blog posts: