Thursday, November 27, 2014
My Mayflower Connection
With today being Thanksgiving, several Geneabloggers have been participating in the meme of listing their Mayflower ancestors. I discovered a couple of years ago that my family has a direct connection to the Mayflower through the Hopkins line. I'd appreciate any additions/corrections to this line.
1. Stephen Hopkins (1581-1644) and wife Mary ( -1613).
2. Constance Hopkins (1606-1677) and Nicholas Snow (1598-1676)
3. John Snow (1638-1703) and Mary Smalley (1647-1703)
4. Rebecca Snow (1676-1753) and Benjamin Smalley (1664-1721)
5. Joseph Smalley (1712-1783) and Jemima Ordway
6. Francis Smalley (1744-1811) and Sarah Hutchinson (1750-1780)
7. Thirsa Smalley (1771-1861) and Gordon Pierce (1773-1865)
8. Francis S. Pierce (1806-1881) and Rebecca Page (1806-1893)
9. Edmund G. Pierce (1837-1875) and Catherine Groenendyke (1843-1913)
10. William Francis Pierce (1865-1950) and Clara A. Penisten (1869-1906)
11. Edna Muriel Pierce (1897-1968) and Virgil Lee Wright (1894-1972)
12. William Lee Wright (1919-1973) and Bonnie Mae Lambertson (1924-1984)
13. My mother
Stephen Hopkins has an interesting story, his page at Wikipedia gives more detail. Apparently, he was previously shipwrecked in Bermuda, and was the inspiration for Shakespeare's The Tempest. Tried for treason, found guilty and sentenced to hang, sounds like my kind of ancestor.